Saskatoon Berry and Peach Galette
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 oz 1/2 cup, 1 stick, 8 Tbsp very cold butter (Chill the butter in the freezer for at least 20 minutes).
4 to 6 Tbsp ice water
A Sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon for the crust
How to Make the Dough:
- In a food processor with the blade attachment, pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt until well mixed.
- Cut cold butter into small (1/2-inch) cubes and add it to the food processor. Push the pulse button 8 times. Your butter should become pea-sized. Add ice water 1 Tbsp at a time and pulse between each addition. Your dough should be ready when it just begins to clump. I used 5 Tbsp of ice water.
- Form the dough into a disk. cover with plastic wrap.Refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour then Preheat the oven to 425°F.
How to Assemble the Galette:
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and set aside.
- Slice peaches into 1/2″ thick slices. Place peaches and Saskatoon berries in a medium bowl and sprinkle with flour, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla or almond. Stir gently with a spatula just until combined.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, roll the dough into a 12″ circle. Place the parchment paper and dough into a rimmed baking sheet.clean up edges if you wish
- Arrange the fruit over the dough working from the outside in. Leave a 1.5″ to 2″ dough border. Discard any excess juices, or your galette may overflow. Dot the top of the fruit with small chunks of 1/2 tbsp butter.
- Fold the edges of the gallette up and over the fruit, pinching the overlapping edges together to form a nice seal. Brush the crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the juices are syrupy. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.