Saskatoon Berry Spread Sandwich Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Prairie Berries Saskatoon Spread (or Naturaspread for no added sugar)
- Cream together butter, sugar and honey. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend the above dry mixture into the creamed batter.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes, then shape dough into small balls.
- Place balls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly with floured fork or bottom of glass.
- Bake in 350° F (180C) oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes.
- Remove to racks to cool completely.
- Put together in pairs filled with Prairie Berries Saskatoon Spread.