3 cups Saskatoon berries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1-2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1½ tbsp. cornstarch
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 heaping of NORQUIN Quick Quinoa Flakes
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl toss the berries with the sugar, lemon juice and corn starch.
- Place the berry mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl use a fork or your fingers, I find fingers work the best, to combine the butter with the sugar, flour and oats.
- Mix just until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the berries to cover.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Serve warm or cold, with our without vanilla ice cream!